The County Administrator position is a highly responsible administrative position involving the coordination and/or direction of county government operations. The Administrator acts under the policies determined by the Board of Supervisors and is subject to the Board's general supervision and control. The County Administrator will carry out the general policies of the Board in conformity with the estimate of expenditures fixed in the annual budget as finally adopted by the Board or as revised by the Board. The County Administrator establishes objectives, standards, and control measures within the context of the broad, general policy guidelines for departments under his or her control. The County Administrator is appointed by the Board of Supervisors annually at the first scheduled meeting in January.
Some of the civic organizations she is active in include:
About Pamela Ulrich
Pam has been involved in county government for over 15 years and was appointed County Administrator in 1996. She holds a Bachelor's of Business Administration Degree from Mississippi State University.
- Past President, Vice President, and Secretary of the Mississippi County Administrator/Comptrollers Assc.
- Past President of the Mississippi City/County Managers Association
- Orange Grove Chamber of Commerce
- Orange Grove Kiwanis
- Leadership Gulf Coast Graduate
- Republican Women's Organization
- Mississippi State Co-operative Extension Advisory Board
- Harrison County School District Junior Leadership Advisory Board Member
Duties of the Administrator
"The County Administrator shall employ an office clerk and other such technical and secretarial assistance for the Board of Supervisors as may be needed. The County Administrator will also maintain an office for the Board of Supervisors and prepare a budget for his or her office subject to approval of the Board."
- Be responsible for carrying out the policies adopted by the Board of Supervisors
- Exercise supervision over the Boards or other divisions of county government, except for the Sheriff's Department, financed in whole or in part through taxes levied on county property
- Exercise supervision over any and all purchases that shall be made from vendors whose bids have been accepted by the Board of Supervisors under the provisions of the law. In addition, have general supervision over the receiving, and inventory control of these purchases.
- The County Administrator sees that all orders, resolutions, and regulations of the Board of Supervisors are faithfully executed.
- The Administrator is charged with the responsibility of securing insurance coverage on such county property as the Board shall decide should be insured and of securing any other insurance required or authorized by law. He or she shall work out a plan of insurance for the county which will ensure minimum premiums.
- The Administrator shall receive inquiries and complaints from citizens of the county as to the operation of county government, investigate such inquiries and complaints, and shall report the findings to the Board and the individual Supervisor of the District from which such inquiry or complaint arises.
- Prepare the budget for consideration by the Board of Supervisors and assist the Board in the preparation of the Tax Levy.
- Have general supervision over the employment of any and all county employees and personnel policies and procedures, as well as, have general supervision over the safety of said employees.
- Have general supervision over any and all data processing throughout the county to include all computer related equipment and necessary contracts for the maintenance of said equipment.
- Have general supervision over any and all maintenance for county owned and/or leased buildings and grounds.
- Have general supervision over any and all maintenance and/or construction of the sand beach.
- Have general supervision over any and all county refuse collection procedures in conjunction with the Solid Waste Management District and the Wastewater Management District.
- Have general supervision over any and all planning, zoning, and building code ordinances adopted by the Board of Supervisors and shall administer such ordinances.
- Have general coordination responsibilities over countywide beautification projects in conjunction with the Harrison County Beautification Commission.
- Meet regularly with the Board of Supervisors and have full discussion privileges but not vote.
- Is the contact person for any/all contracts the Board of Supervisors execute.
- Makes reports to the Board from time to time concerning the affairs of the county and keep the Board fully advised as to the financial condition of the county and
future financial needs